It goes without saying that most of us will be spending some time inside over the next week and practicing social distancing when we’re in public. With the virus warnings adding up and rain expected this weekend what can you do to keep both you and the kids entertained?
We’ve put together a list of some of our favorite things to do with the kids and a couple that we remembered from our days as kids many moons ago. Whatever it is you do as we all deal with this situation, stay safe and always remember that the floor is lava.
- Build a fort. Quite possibly the most epic of all things to do while stuck inside with the kids for an extended period of time.
- Make a time capsule. This can be a lot of fun and the kids will love opening it several years later.
- Go Geocaching – If you haven’t tried this it really can be fun. The kids seem to love it. Download the app and search for treasure.
- Make a tin can phone system. Sorry kids, these phones don’t have TikTok.
- Make some tie dye shirts. Messy but Walmart hasn’t run out of these materials yet.
- Put together a scavenger hunt. Depending on how creative you get this can even lead to a room being cleaned.
- Camp in the family room. Assuming you have enough room, put up the tent in the family room and pop some corn.
- Create a movie or a play. My siblings and I used to do this. We even sold tickets one time. People bought the tickets but nobody showed up.
- Build a house of cards. When you’re done building the house you can teach them how to play War.
- Plant a garden. It’s that time of year to get your veggies growing. Take advantage of the extra man power while the kids are home.
- Don’t forget the classics. Things like Light as a feather, Bloody Mary and Ouija boards can be fun depending on the ages involved.